Homemade dog treats are simple to make and are a great way to spoil your pup. Store bought treats are full of fillers and crap that dogs don’t need. These treats are grain and preservative free, just wholesome and nutritious ingredients! I usually keep them around for about 5 to 7 day, however you can also keep them in the freezer for a month or two.
For this recipe you can use the flour of your choice, however I like using oat flour. These little pup cookies are also human-friendly, but you may get stared down by your dog for eating their treat.
Vegan Dog Treats
½ cup creamy peanut butter
⅓ cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 cup flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons oats
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium sized bowl mix the peanut butter, milk, and applesauce together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir well.
- Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using your hands, gently knead the oats into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 16 equally sized balls. Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and press the balls down with the bottom of a cup.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.