Mmm, doooonutssss. There isn’t much I can say about these donuts, except that you HAVE to try them. Seriously, stop reading this and go preheat your oven. I randomly ordered a silicon donut mold off Amazon and had been waiting to try it out. The problem is now I want to make everything in the mold.
There are a lot of baked donut recipes out there that follow keto, paleo, and gluten-free diets, however, it took a while to find one that wasn’t too dense or tasted like cardboard. These donuts are made with almond flour so they add moisture instead of soaking it up like coconut flour.
Gluten-Free Chocolate DonutsCourse: Dessert
1 cup almond flour
4 tablespoon of honey
2 large eggs
1 T of cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Grease your donut pan and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of your ingredients until smooth.
- Fill your donut pans with your mixture, filling each donut cavity 1/2 way full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them and taking them out as soon as your donuts are cooked and a toothpick inserted into the middle removes clean. Be sure not to overcook them as they’ll dry out!
- Let the donuts cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, decorate the donuts with your favorite toppings. My favorite is shocolate frosting and sprinkles!